Quick Grilled Eggplant
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 10 minutes
- 1 large Prime Time eggplant, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Lemon wedges
- Prepare a hot fire or use an existing fire. Peel eggplant and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes. In a medium bowl, toss with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Thread eggplant onto 4 skewers.
- Set skewers of eggplant on an oiled grill 4 to 6 inches from coals. Grill, turning frequently and basting with any oil left in the bowl, until eggplant is lightly browned and tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from skewers and serve with lemon wedges.