Baked Salmon with Zucchini and Dill Cream
Cook: 40 to 50 minutes
6 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 28 ounces salmon fillets, 1-inch thick
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup leeks, julienned
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup yellow squash, julienned
- 1/2 cup celery root, julienned
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Boil 6 tablespoons wine in heavy medium saucepan over high heat until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add cream and boil until reduced to 1 cup, about 6 minutes. Set sauce aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Brush baking sheet lightly with oil. Arrange salmon, flat side down, on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Place zucchini slices atop salmon, overlapping slices to resemble fish scales. Bake salmon until just opaque in center, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add leek, carrot, squash, celery root and red bell pepper and saute until vegetables are just crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rewarm sauce over low heat. Mix in dill. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange vegetables in center of plates. Using metal spatula, place salmon atop vegetables. Spoon sauce around salmon; serve.
MAKES 4 CUPS
Recipe from Recipe Zaar