Vegetable Under Wraps
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 10 to 15 minutes
- 1 pound one or more of following vegetables: Prime Time zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Prime Time eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch cubes and brushed lightly with oil
- Canned artichoke hearts or marinated artichoke hearts, well drained
- Pimiento-stuffed green olives
- Jumbo pitted ripe olives
- Plain mushroom caps, brushed lightly with oil, or marinated mushrooms, well drained
- Canned water chestnuts, drained and marinated in soy sauce for 15 minutes before wrapping
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced bacon
- Prepare a hot fire. If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning. Season vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Cut bacon slices crosswise into halves or thirds, just long enough to wrap once around vegetables, overlapping slightly. Thread on skewers and place on an oiled grill set over hot coals. Grill, turning and moving frequently to prevent burning or flare-ups, until bacon is browned and crisp and vegetables are crisp-tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain on paper towels.