Spring Vegetable Calzone
For the dough:
1 1/8 cupsWater
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 cups Allinson Strong White Bread Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp Allinson East Bake Yeast
For the filling:
2 bulbs of Fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 5 Baby Leeks, sliced
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 pack of Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 cloves of Garlic, crushed
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Olive Oil, for brushing
- First prepare the filling ingredients.
- Blanch the fennel and leek in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Drain and leave to cool.
- To make the dough, put the flour, sugar, salt and yeast into a bowl and mix to a soft dough with
the oil and water
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into six pieces and roll each
piece into a round about 8in diameter.
- Cover one half of each circle with the ricotta
cheese leaving a dough rim 1/2in around
- Top the ricotta with the cooled vegetables, some
garlic and seasoning.
- Brush water around the edge of the each dough
circle and fold in half, enclosing the filling like
- Press the edges together to seal.
- Transfer the calzones to a greased baking sheet
and leave to rest for 15 minutes covered with a tea towel.
- Brush with olive oil and bake in an oven preheated to 425° for 25 minutes until golden.
- Brush again with olive oil while still hot.
- Serve hot.