Grilled Chicken & Zucchini Salad with Mint
Prep: 45 minutes Marinate: 2 hours | Cook: 8 to 10 minutes
For the dough:
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium Prime Time zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/4 inch slices
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2cup cooked wild rice, or 3 cups cooked
- 3 medium Prime Time tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 Prime Time red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- Mint Vinaigrette
In a small bowl, mix together lime juice, mint, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Use about 3 tablespoons of this mixture to marinate zucchini. Toss remainder with chicken and marinate 2 hours at room temperature, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Prepare a hot fire. Remove zucchini and chicken from marinate and grill, turning, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes for zucchini, 8 to 10 minutes chicken. Slice chicken crosswise on a diagonal into bite-size pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently toss rice with chicken, zucchini, tomatoes, bell pepper, and red onion.
- Pour on about half of Mint Vinaigrette and toss again; add remaining vinaigrette to taste. Season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary.