Butter Soft Zucchini & Tomatoes
- 2 seeded hot green chilies (or as desired)
- 3/4-inch piece of fresh ginger root scraped and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons cashews or almonds
- 11/2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons ghee or unsalted butter
- 2 medium-sized Prime Time tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 11/2 pounds Prime Time squash, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander, basil or parsley
- 1. Combine the green chilies, ginger root, cashews or almonds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and water in a blender, cover and process until smooth.
- Combine the green chilies, ginger root, cashews or almonds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and water in a blender, cover and process until smooth.
- Heat the glee or butter in a large heavy non-stick saucepan over moderate heat. Pour in the spice puree and fry until it thickens and separates from the ghee. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes. Add the squash, turmeric, salt and half of the fresh herb, stir, cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. From time to time, stir and scrape the squash from the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking. If the squash is dry, add a little water. Cook until the squash is soft and succulent (20-40 minutes depending on the type you use). Before serving, sprinkle with he remaining fresh herb.