- 1 small Prime Time red bell pepper
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 ears corn, husked
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 6 eggs 1/4 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- Prepare a hot fire. Set pepper directly on grill and cook, turning frequently, until skin is charred all over, 10 to 15 minutes. Seal in a plastic bag until cool enough to handle, 5 to 10 minutes.
- While pepper is cooking, brush scallions and corn with oil and grill, turning frequently, until lightly browned and tender, about 3 to 5 minutes for scallions, 7 to 8 minutes for corn. At the same time, grill jalapeno peppers, turning, until lightly charred all over, about 5 minutes.
- Remove bell pepper from plastic bag, peel away charred skin under cold running water, and remove stem and seeds. Cut pepper into 1/4-inch dice. Chop scallions. Cut kernels from corn cobs. Rub off most of the charred skin from jalapenos, discard stems and seeds, and finely chop.
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat eggs until well blended. Stir in chopped grilled vegetables, cheese, slat, pepper, and sugar. Pour mixture into a buttered 8-inch square baking dish. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until set. Let cool completely. Cut into 1-inch squares. Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.