Accounts Payable Clerk
THIS IS A 30-DAY CONTRACT CONVERTIBLE TO PERMANENT HIRE POSITION.
JOB TITLE: Accounts Payable Clerk
DEPARTMENT: Accounting Department
LOCATION: Coachella, CA
REPORTS TO: Controller
WORK SCHEDULE: Minimum of 40 hours per week; may work overtime occasionally. Schedule to be determined by the Controller.
The accounts payable clerk is responsible for processing numerous invoices and issuing payments.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Review and code invoices; purchase match and enter approved into Famous software.
- Pay invoices weekly – print checks, attach proper documentation, obtain signature, and distribute checks as required.
- Process employee reimbursement checks.
- Communicate with vendors and other departments.
- Review statements and assist in monthly close.
- Prepare analysis of accounts as required.
- Maintain all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and files.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to multi-task and handle high volume of paperwork – approx. 1,000 invoices/month
- Analytical mindset
- Customer service attitude
- Team player willing to assist as needed
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- 2-3 years minimum experience as Accounts Payable Clerk/Specialist (must have thewords “Accounts Payable” in prior job title)
- Basic knowledge of Excel and accounting software
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly desired
- Agricultural experience preferred; Manufacturing or Construction experience acceptable
- AA Degree in Accounting or some accounting classes a plus.
The working conditions are generally those of an office environment.
The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and listen. The employee may occasionally be required to climb or balance. The employee may lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Prime Time International is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.