Black Bean & Prime Time Corn & Mini Pepper Salad
- 2 packages 15 oz cans black beans rinsed and drained
- 3 ears cooked corn kernels cut off the cob
- 4 Prime Time Sweet Mini-Peppers diced
- 1/2 cup steamed white rice cooled
- 2 medium cloves garlic minced (about 2 tsp)
- 2 tbsp minced shallots (one medium shallot)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil plus an additional 1 tbsp
- 5-6 limes zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh, cilantro leaves, plus, more for garnish chopped
- 2 avocados chopped
- Combine all ingredients, expect for avocados, in a large bowl andmix well.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes and up to over night.
- Right before serving, add avocados and fold gently, careful not tomash avocados.
- Garnish with more chopped cilantro if desired.
- Serve at room temperature.