Prime Time Sweet Mini-Pepper Salad with Onions, Herbs and Feta
- 1 lb Prime Time Sweet Mini-Peppers
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thinly
- 2 oz purple onion, sliced thinly (if using strong onion, see note)*
- 2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Champagne vinegar (or rice wine vinegar)
- 1/2 tsp your favorite herbs (basil, parsley, tarragon, dill)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- *If using a strong onion, slice and soak in 2 tbsp white vinegar and 1/4 cup of water for 10-15 minutes. Drain, then use.
- Slice the Prime Time Sweet Mini-Peppers and the fennel, and add to a medium – large serving bowl.
- Mix ingredients for the dressing. Make sure to rub the fines herbs between your fingers or rub on your palm to break the up to release their flavor.
- Toss and taste to adjust seasoning. Add the feta cheese and toss gently. Serve cold. NOTE: Tastes better if left to sit in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.
Recipe courtesy of lowcarbmaven.com