Prime Time Asparagus, Bell Pepper & Cheese Omelet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 spears Prime Time Asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 Prime Time Bell Pepper, in strips
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp basil, dried
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup cheese, grated or crumbled (blue, feta, cheddar, or mozzarella)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir Prime Time Asparagus and Prime Time Bell Pepper until the vegetables start to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper, and continue cooking another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer vegetables to a plate.
- Melt butter in clean skillet over medium heat. Whisk eggs and milk in a bowl and pour into hot butter, swirling skillet to cover entire bottom with egg mixture. Pull up an edge of the omelet with a spatula and tilt pan to allow unset egg to run underneath and cook; continue around pan, lifting omelet edge and tilting pan, until all the egg mixture is set. Sprinkle omelet with salt and pepper.
- Spoon cooked Prime Time Asparagus and Bell Pepper mixture onto one side of the omelet and sprinkle with your preferred cheese. Gently fold half the omelet over the vegetables and cheese and press edges lightly to seal in the filling. Cook until filling is hot and cheese has melted, 1 to 2 more minutes. Cut in slices to serve.Source: allrecipes.com