Prime Time Bell Peppers with Sausage
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 12 Prime Time Bell Peppers seeded and cut in half inch strips
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 medium white onion sliced in strips
- 2 Italian sausages (either sweet or spicy)
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- Toss the pepper strips in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt, and place in a pan under the broiler until they are tender.
- In a large skillet, saute the onions, garlic and remaining olive oil.
- Thinly slice the sausages, add them to the skillet, cooking until browned. Then add the roasted peppers and tomato sauce and stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper, and simmer for about 10 minutes. Serve over pasta or on its own.