Chicken Kebabs with Prime Time Peppers
- 2 Prime Time Bell Peppers (red, yellow)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sprite (not diet)
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp horseradish, plain or horseradish sauce
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (or chicken tenders, cut into 1" chunks)
- 1 purple onion, sliced into large chunks
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- wooden or bamboo skewers
- Add soy sauce, oil, sprite, garlic powder and horseradish to a large ziplock bag.
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch chunks and add it to the marinade. Marinate for 1-3 hours.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes (this will help keep them from burning while cooking on the grill). Thread the chicken, Prime Time Peppers, and other chopped vegetables alternately onto the skewers, keeping a little space between each piece.
- Heat grill to medium-high and grease lightly with oil.
- Grill the kebabs for just a few minutes on each side (about 5 minutes), until chicken pieces are cooked through. Allow the kebabs to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Make Ahead Instructions: Make the chicken marinade and cut the vegetables 1-3 days in advance. Marinate the chicken for up to 6 hours ahead of time. Oven Instructions: If you don't have a grill available, you can make chicken kebabs in the oven or on a grill pan on your stove. To cook chicken kebabs in the oven, turn oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and gently spray it with non-stick spray. Evenly space the kabobs on the baking sheet and cook them in the oven for 15-25 minutes. Cook time will very depending on how large the pieces of meat are. Recipe courtesy of tastesbetterfromscratch.com