Easy Grilled Prime Time Bell Peppers
- 2 Prime Time Bell Peppers
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- kosher salt & ground black pepper
- for serving, as desired: fresh basil, fresh oregano, fresh thyme, etc.
- Prime Time Grilled Bell Peppers prep: Preheat the grill for medium-high direct heat grilling, about 450-500 degrees F. While the grill preheats, prep the Prime Time Bell Peppers. Slice from the stem down the sides of the pepper, cutting away the core, to end up with 3-4 flat pieces of bell pepper. Discard the core. Place the bell peppers on a small baking sheet or large plate. Drizzle the oil over top, tossing to coat in the oil. Season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt & ground black pepper as desired, tossing again to coat.
- Grill the peppers: Place the bell peppers on the grill. Grill 5-6 minutes, flipping the peppers halfway through, until tender & charred as desired.
- Serve immediately, with a sprinkling of fresh herbs as desired. If serving on a grilled vegetable platter, drizzle with a light & bright herbaceous sauce, like pesto or chimichurri. Grilled peppers are also amazing add-ons for any variety of meals, from grilled chicken bowls to grilled pizza to silky-smooth creamy soup. Enjoy!
Photo (credit Eat Love Eat) and Recipe courtesy of Jess Larson, playswellwithbutter.com