Grilled Cheese and Prime Time Pepper Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup Prime Time Chopped Green Pepper
- 1/2 cup Prime Time Chopped Sweet Red Pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 4 slices rye bread with caraway seeds
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and Prime Time Peppers until tender. Divide between 2 bread slices. Top with cheese and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat until golden brown and cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes per side.
Recipe and photo courtesy of tasteofhome.com