Prime Time Roasted Red Pepper Salsa
- 4 large Prime Time Red Bell Peppers
- 2-4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2-1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced (or about 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
- Place the Prime Time Red Bell Peppers on a medium-hot grill. Turn every couple minutes. When the skin blisters and turns black, remove the peppers from the heat, seal in a paper or plastic bag and let rest for about 15 minutes. Scrape out the seeds and white veins. Cut the peppers into 1/2-inch wide strips. Set peppers aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Continue whisking as you add the basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Gently stir in the capers.
- Add the prepared bell peppers and stir until evenly blended. If seems dry, add more olive oil and vinegar. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yields about 2 cups.
Recipe courtesy of desertsun.com 06/01/22 Food & Drink