Prime Time Asparagus, Lemon and Parmesan with No-Boil Pasta
- 300 g fresh Prime Time Asparagus, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 16 oz dried rigatoni pasta (about 1 box)
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- salt & pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley or basil (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- In a 9 × 13 deep baking dish, add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, half of the shallot and salt & pepper. Whisk together to combine.
- Add in the dry pasta and lightly toss in the olive oil mixture. Then pour in the 3 cups of water – the pasta should be almost covered but not fully. Press it down into the water with a spoon to get as much of the pasta submerged in the water as possible.
- Top with 1 cup of the grated parmesan.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes is up, pull out the baking dish and remove the foil. Top with the Prime Time Asparagus and the rest of the shallots and cheese. Bake uncovered for another 20-25 minutes or until the top of the pasta is golden.
- Take the baking dish out of the oven and immediately stir the mixture to combine. Serve warm and top with red pepper flakes or fresh parsley!
Recipe and photo courtesy of justinesnacks.com