Prime Time Roasted Red Pepper and Asparagus Crostini
- 2 Prime Time Red Bell Peppers
- 24 Prime Time Asparagus Tips (reserve stalks for another use)
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 sprig rosemary
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 French baguette
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, plus more for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice off top of the whole garlic bulb. Place bulb on a square of foil. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt, pepper and rosemary sprig. Wrap foil around the bulb. Cut Prime Time Red Bell Peppers in half; remove pith and seeds. Place on a sheet of foil (or baking sheet). Brush with olive oil. Roast bulb and Pepper halves 25-30 minutes or until garlic is soft and peppers begin to char. Set aside to cool.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees. Slice baguette into 3/4 inch slices. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with olive oil; turn slices over and repeat. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring 1/2 inch of water and salt to a boil. Add Prime Time Asparagus, reduce heat and simmer 3-5 minutes or until bright green and still somewhat resistant when pierced. Drain and cool.
- Squeeze roasted garlic from bulb into a small bowl; spread on crostini slice. Slice roasted Red Pepper into thin strips and place in a small bowl. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Mix gently until Peppers are coated. Place a few Peppers on crostini and top with two steamed Asparagus tips. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe and photo courtesy of fustinis.com