Prime Time Peppers and Chicken Fajita Casserole
- 2 Prime Time Bell Peppers, red and green, seeded and cut into strips
- 3 or 4 1 1/2 lb small skinless chicken breasts, or 2 large chicken breasts, split lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder, or minced garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella (or your favorite cheese, Pepperjack, Monterey Jack, or Cheddar)
- fresh chopped cilantro, or parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Place chicken breasts on a shallow plate. Sprinkle cumin, chili powder, garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper on both sides. Keep some of the spices for sprinkling over the Prime Time Bell Peppers and onion.
- Arrange chicken breasts into the prepared baking dish, and drizzle with oil. Top chicken breasts with Prime Time Bell Peppers and onion, then sprinkle some of the remaining fajita seasonings. Finish the casserole with shredded cheese on top.
- Bake the casserole for 20-30 minutes (if you split the chicken breasts lengthwise, or depending on the thickness) until chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). You can broil your fajita chicken casserole for 2 minutes at the end to crisp up the top if you like. Serve the Prime Time Bell Peppers and chicken fajita casserole immediately over cauliflower rice, steamed vegetable, zucchini noodles, or as is… enjoy!
Recipe and photo courtesy of eatwell101.com