Creamy Cajun Chicken with Prime Time Peppers
- 2-3 Prime Time bell peppers, any color you can also use 1 lb of Prime Time sweet mini peppers
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 6 oz cream cheese divided into thin slices
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- fresh basil chopped (if desired)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place a layer of thinly sliced Prime Time bell peppers or Prime Time sweet mini peppers on the bottom of a 9" x 12" casserole dish.
- Lay the chicken breasts on top, so the peppers will cook underneath.
- Generously sprinkle each chicken breast with Cajun seasoning mixture and top with minced garlic.
- Place 2 slices of cream cheese on each chicken breast and sprinkle shredded Cheddar over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20–30 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Broil for 2 minutes until the cheese is brown and bubbly.
- To serve, scoop the Prime Time peppers from underneath the chicken and place them evenly around and on top. Garnish with freshly chopped basil.