Prime Time Asparagus and Sweet Mini-Pepper Frittata
- 16 spears Prime Time Asparagus, trimmed and diced
- 3 Prime Time Sweet Mini-Peppers, diced
- 6 whole eggs
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 2 2 oz. slices cheddar cheese, diced
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a cast iron or stainless steel skillet, heat butter and olive oil. Sauté shallots and Prime Time Sweet Mini-Peppers for about 4 minutes. Add Prime Time Asparagus and sauté another 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs with salt, pepper and thyme. Pour into skillet over cooked veggies.
- Cook eggs about 5 minutes until the sides start to look cooked.
- Remove from heat and top frittata with cheese. Place in oven and broil 2 minutes until egg is cooked on top and cheese has melted.
- Slice into 4 wedges and serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of www.vitacost.com