Prime Time Red Pepper Soup
- 6 medium Prime Time Red Peppers, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cans chicken broth (one 49-1/2 ounces, one 14-1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tbsp minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup thickly-grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, saute the Prime Time Red Peppers, carrots, onions, celery and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in the broth, rice, thyme, salt, pepper and cayenne; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables and rice are tender.
- Cool for 30 minutes. Puree in small batches in a blender; return to pan. Add red pepper flakes; heat through. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
Recipe courtesy of tasteofhome.com