Prime Time Grilled Mexican Corn Salad
- 6 ears Prime Time Corn, husked
- 1/3 cup crema (*see note for substitution)
- 4 tbsp lime juice (fresh is best)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup cheese crumbled Cotija
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1/3–1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Heat a grill to medium heat. Add the Prime Time Corn, turning occasionally until slightly charred on each side.
- Remove from the grill and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Holding the corn by the small end, cut off all the kernels.
- Place the kernels in a big bowl and add all remaining ingredients.
- Fold gently with a rubber spatula, seasoning with additional salt as needed.
- Serve slightly warm, room temperature, or cold.
* Crema is like a Mexican sour cream, and is found usually by the meat department with Hispanic items or the cheese. Alternatively, you can substitute 3 tablespoons sour cream and 5 tablespoons mayonnaise. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Recipe and photo courtesy of ohsweetbasil.com