Prime Time Roasted Pepper Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 of each, large Prime Time Green, Red and Yellow Bell Peppers
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp, each minced fresh oregano, rosemary, basil and parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese pearls
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- Broil the Prime Time Bell Peppers 4 inches from the heat until the skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a large bowl; cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred skin. Remove stems and seeds. Cut peppers into thin strips; place in a large bowl. Add onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, herbs, garlic, garlic powder, cayenne, pepper and salt; pour over pepper mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Before serving, allow peppers to come to room temperature. Place on a serving plate; top with tomatoes, cheese and basil leaves.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: tasteofhome.com