Prime Time Peppers and Steak Fajita Roll-Ups
- 3 Prime Time Peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 lb thinly sliced sirloin tip steak
- homemade fajitas seasoning mix
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided in two
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 lime, juiced
- chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- guacamole for serving (optional)
Homemade Fajitas Seasoning Mix
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Prepare the fajitas seasoning mix and set aside.
- Cut the steak into 2-inch wide by 6-inch-long strips.
- Rub the steak strips with some of the prepared seasoning mix and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat and add the Prime Time Bell Pepper strips and sliced onions to the grill pan; season with salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of the fajitas seasoning mix.
- Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a minute.
- Top each slice of steak with the vegetables; roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Add remaining olive oil to the grill pan; heat it up and add the roll-ups to the pan.
- Cook until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat, tie with green onion ribbons, remove toothpicks, and transfer to a serving plate.
- Squeeze lime juice over the roll-ups and garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro.
- Serve with guacamole, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of: Diethood.com