Salad Nicoise with Prime Time Asparagus
- 1 lb Prime Time Asparagus spears, stems removed
- 1 lb baby yukon gold potatoes
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 bunch radishes, chopped or sliced
- 1/2 cup nicoise, castelvetrano or Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup capers
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2-4 soft-boiled or hard-boiled eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced or pressed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the potatoes in a pot of cold water and bring them to a boil. Boil for 10 to 15 minutes, just until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain the potatoes and place them in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper, and cover with the fresh parsley.
- While the potatoes are boiling, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and the Prime Time Asparagus and cook for 3 minutes. Remove the vegetables and immediately place them in an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- To assemble the salad, place the green beans and asparagus on the plate first. Drizzle with a bit of the dressing and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss well. Top with the potatoes and radishes, then add on the capers and olives. Drizzle with more dressing and sprinkle on the chopped dill. Top the entire salad with the eggs. (If preparing this ahead of time, hard-boiled eggs are recommended.)
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk while streaming in the olive oil. This dressing can stay in the fridge in a sealed container for a week or so.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of www.howsweeteats.com